Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Comcast Chronicles, Volume 2

Welcome back to my hilariously awful account of my experience with Comcast.  Let's recap, shall we?

We added a baseball package in April 2013 and promising that the price would be broken up into equal monthly installments (as we had done yearly for the last 3 years). However, the entire package price was applied to our bill each of the next three months. We took time out of busy lives and called in May, June, and July and were promised each time that the issue was resolved, given the "correct" bill amount, which was paid on time. We were assessed late fees each month for not paying the full package price, even though we were told to only pay the installment.

Now back to August......

The next Comcast bill arrives.  Its incorrect AGAIN.  Oh holy hell.  What part of this can't Comcast understand?!  Why am I now calling them for the fourth month in a row?!  This time when I called, it was a bit different.  Mind you, each call is getting exponentially longer, as I have to explain that we were wronged not one, not two, not three, but four times.  I can picture the look on the rep's face as I'm talking.  They probably hate me, but you know what, I couldn't care less.

I tell the rep that I'm really upset, I feel like we've been lied to since April, as we've been told for the last 4 months that they'd do something for us that they've failed to do.  Repeatedly. I'm even more angry that I've had to spend my one day off calling Comcast multiple times.  It's not ok. This rep is less than apologetic for their mistakes, and says he is sorry that I can't afford to pay my bill on time.  What?!  That's not the issue. Could I have paid it in full the first month? Absolutely. But why would I, when you told me I didn't have to?

Anyhow, this person insists that this package can't be broken up into payments, that we were told this incorrectly each time I called (this is a lie, and was confirmed months later).  This person stated that my calls were to get an extension on my due date, because we couldn't afford to pay our bill, but now that the monthly payments would have ended this month, there's nothing he can do for me.

Oh really?!

Ok, great, thanks.  That's amazing customer service.  Because you're wrong.  Because I never once said the words "I can't pay my bill".  [insert blood-boiling rage here]  That's ok, maybe this person is having a horrible day, and he isn't normally a total asshole.  I'll let it slide this time, after all, I've been with Comcast for more than half my life.  Certainly this is a one-off problem (that happened to inconvenience me four times). Bill paid - immediately in full, clearly I could pay it - end of story.

A couple of weeks later, I receive a letter from my good friends at Comcast,  who were very concerned that I may not be tapping into the full potential of my high speed internet.  We don't rent from them, we own a modem and wireless router that is apparently not the latest in greatest.  The letter recommended I call and ask about leasing a better one from them - for a monthly fee, of course.  No thanks, our internet seems really fast to me, not worried about it.

But who cares about this letter, right?  Well, it just so happens that another letter comes about 3 weeks later.  This letter states that Comcast did an audit on my account, and it was discovered that *gasp* I haven't been charged appropriately for the modem I'm leasing from Comcast, and a monthly rental fee will be assessed on my next bill, and every bill thereafter.

BUT I OWN MY MODEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What the @*&%?!  You've got to be &*@^&$% kidding me!!!!

Guess what this means?  Time for another call to Comcast.

Stay tuned to find out what they said, and how many times I would have to call about this issue!


No comments:

Post a Comment